Profesor Ayudante Doctor (Assistant Professor)
Human Anatomy and Histology
Campus Rio Ebro.- Edificio I+D+i
Mariano Esquillor, s/n
Tel: +34-876 55 29 64
e-mail: iochgar (at) unizar.es
- Ph. D. Histology and Pathology (2004) University of Navarra
- M. Sc. Biology (1999) University of Navarra
- Biochemistry (2003) University of Navarra
Dr. Ignacio Ochoa obtained his Bachelor degree in Biology and Biochemistry from the University of Navarra in 1999 and 2003 respectively. He completed his Ph.D. in the Department of Histology and Pathology of this same university in 2004. After this stage, he joined the group of Structural Mechanics and Modeling of Materials (GEMM) of the University of Zaragoza to carry out his postdoctoral stay and start up the group’s experimental bio-laboratory. During this period, he studied how the cellular behavior was conditioned by the environment in a micro (microfluidics) and macroscale (tissue engineering). In 2015, he started as assistant professor in the Department of Human Anatomy and Histology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zaragoza. He also belongs to the Applied Mechanics and Bioengineering (AMB) research group of Aragon Institute of Engineering Research (I3A) and the CIBER BBN. He is the principal investigator of the Group of environmental Mechanics and Microfluidics (GEMM) of the Health Research Institute Aragón (IIS ARAGON) and coordinator of the program of new technologies and innovation applied to the health of the same institute. Till now, he has published more than 40 articles in indexed international journals, 2 book chapters and 8 patents, 4 of them licensed. In addition, he has been Invited speaker in several national and international meetings and conferences.
He is also co-founder of BEONCHIP SL, a company dedicated to the development and commercialization of microfluidic devices for organ-on-chip applications, and founding partner of EBERS Medical Technology, a company dedicated to the development and commercialization of equipment for tissue engineering.
RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
POSITION-II / Pilot-line for System in Tip Integration (G.A. no. 783132 )
BIO2016-79092-R: Study of the glioblastoma microenvironment and its involvement in chemoresistance using biomimetic microfluidic chips
- Tunable injectable alginate-based hydrogel for cell therapy in Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus. International Journal of Biological Macromolecules. 2018
- Activated human primary NK cells efficiently kill colorectal cancer cells in 3D spheroid cultures irrespectively of the level of PD-L1 expression. OncoImmunology. 2018
- Soft Thermoplastic Elastomer for Easy and Rapid Spin-Coating Fabrication of Microfluidic Devices with High Hydrophilization and Bonding Performances. Advanced Materials Technologies. 2018
* A complete list of my publications can be obtained from Google Scholar profile
- Participation at the II NanoOncology Workshop celebrated on 14th February 2019 in Zaragoza.
- Talking about the Organ-on-Chip technology to companies, research centres and investors at the 8º European Meeting on Science, Technology and Innovation. Transfiere 2019