Profesor Ayudante Doctor (Assistant Professor)
Human Anatomy and Histology
Campus Rio Ebro.- Edificio I+D+i
Mariano Esquillor, s/n
Tel: +34-876 55 29 64
e-mail: iochgar (at) unizar.es
- Ph.D: Histology and Pathology Dpt. (2004) University of Navarra
- Degree: Biochemistry (2003) University of Navarra
- Degree: Biology (1999) University of Navarra
Ignacio Ochoa is the responsable of the Bio Microenvironment Lab (BME LAB) of the Health Research Institute Aragón (IIS ARAGON) and coordinator of the program of new technologies and innovation applied to the health of the same institute. His main research lines are focused on the development of microfluidic devices for multiple applications, with special interest in the simulation of the pathophysiological environment of heart failure and in the recreation of the tumor microenvironment and its interaction with the immune system.
He is also co-founder of BEONCHIP SL, a company dedicated to the development and commercialization of microfluidic devices for organ-on-chip applications, and founding partner of EBERS Medical Technology, a company dedicated to the development and commercialization of equipment for tissue engineering.
In 2015, he started as assistant professor in the Department of Human Anatomy and Histology at the Faculty of Medicine of the University of Zaragoza. He also belongs to the Applied Mechanics and Bioengineering (AMB) research group of Aragon Institute of Engineering Research (I3A) and the CIBER BBN.
Prior to joining AMB group, he started his research carrer with a postdoctoral stay in the group of Structural Mechanics and Materials Modeling (GEMM) at the University of Zaragoza where he implemented the group’s experimental bio-laboratory. During this period, he studied how the cellular behavior was conditioned by the environment in a micro (microfluidics) and macroscale (tissue engineering).
Ignacio received his Bachelor degree in Biology and Biochemistry from the University of Navarra in 1999 and 2003 respectively. He completed his Ph.D. in the Department of Histology and Pathology of this same university in 2004.
RECENT RESEARCH PROJECTS
- Enabling cell recovery from 3D cell culture microfluidic devices for tumour microenvironment biomarker profiling. Scientific reports. 2019
- Modulation of antioxidant potential with coenzyme Q10 suppressed invasion of temozolomide-resistant rat glioma in vitro and in vivo. Oxidative Medicine and Cellular Longevity. 2019
- Soft Thermoplastic Elastomer for Easy and Rapid Spin-Coating Fabrication of Microfluidic Devices with High Hydrophilization and Bonding Performances. Advanced Materials Technologies. 2019
* A complete list of my publications can be obtained from Google Scholar profile
- La Sociedad Europea de Organ-on-Chip abre sus puertas a recibir nuevos socios. El lanzamiento de esta sociedad es resultado del desarrollo del proyecto europeo ORCHID de Horizonte 2020. Mas info aqui
- Ignacio Ochoa durante su presentación sobre su reproducción de entornos reales de trabajo en
#laboratorio en el #Matchmaking #Health del proyecto #Interreg #Poctefa #aCCeSS
- Micro and Nano Fluidics: From technology to science. 29 May-01 Jun 2019