Associate Professor (Profesor Titular de Universidad)
Deputy Director of Aragón Institute of Engineering Research
Associate Director of the Biomedical Engineering Division
Mechanical Engineering Dept. School of Engineering and Architecture
Bioengineering Division. Aragón Institute of Engineering Research (I3A)
CIBER de Bioingeniería, Biomateriales y Nanomedicina (CIBER-BBN)
Campus Rio Ebro – Edificio Agustin de Betancourt
University of Zaragoza
Maria de Luna, s/n
Tel:: +34 876 55 52 33
Fax: +34 976 76 25 78
e-mail: fany (at) unizar.es
- Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering (May – 2004) CPS Universidad de Zaragoza
- M. Sc. Mechanical Engineering (September – 2000) CPS Universidad de Zaragoza
- Deputy Director of Aragón Institute of Engineering Research, University of Zaragoza, 2015-
- Assistant Professor, University of Zaragoza, 2004-2008
- Lecturer Professor, University of Zaragoza, 2001-2004
- Research Assistant, Aragon Institute of Technology (ITA), 2001
- Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Dept, 2000
- Engineer, Tecnyconta (Civil and Structural Engineering Company), 1999
Awards and Honors
- 2002 Young Researcher Award of the Spanish Society of Biomedical Engineering.
- 2003 Orbimed Research Award of the Spanish Society of the Knee.
- 2005 Spanish ECCOMAS Association (SEMNI) Award for The Best Ph.D Thesis Of 2004 on Computational Methods In Applied Sciences and Engineering.
- 2011 Juan C. Simo prize. Spanish ECCOMAS Association of Numerical Methods in Engineering (SEMNI)
- 2015 Young Research Medal of Royal Society of Engineering.
- Computational Mechanics
- Numerical modeling of soft biological tissues (focused in vascular tissue)
- Multiscale modeling of inelastic effects of biological tissues (damage, viscoelasticity, growth and remodeling)
- Modeling vascular diseases and interaction with medical devices (atherosclerosis)
- Experimental methods in biomechanics (focused in soft tissues)
- A list of my publications can be obtained here (with downloadable preprints)
Advised PhD students
- 2015. Juan A. Peña. Numerical Modelling of inealstic effects in soft tissues. Awarded PhD. October 2015 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2013. Pablo Sáez. On modelling growth and remodeling in soft tissue. Strated. Awarded PhD. July 2013 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2013. Belén Hernández. Mechanical modelling of the abdominal muscle and biomaterials for hernia surgery. Awarded PhD. March 2013 (with prof. B. Calvo )
- 2013. Myriam Cilla. On modelling biomechanics and mechanobiology of human carotid plaque. Awarded PhD. February 2013 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2012. Alberto García. Experimental and Numerical Framework for Modelling Vascular Diseases and Medical Devices. Awarded PhD. February 2012 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
Advised M.Eng. students
- 2016. Ana Victoria Corral. Experiments and constitutive model for aorta and pulmonar artery.
- 2015. Marcos Murillo. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a pure and simple shear tests.
- 2015. Alejandra Pérez. Evaluation failure properties during migration of a retrievable filter.
- 2015. Guillermo Herrero. Effect of necrotic core length on risk of plaque rupture during positive arterial remodeling.
- 2015. David Ruiz-Alejos. Experiments and constitutive model for deep and superficial fascia.
- 2015. Patricia Hernández. Modeling arterial wall transport for Drug-Eluting Stents.
- 2014. Quercus Hernández. Failure properties due to deep penetration of vena cava tissue.
- 2014. Mónica Torres. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a uniaxial test.
- 2013. Alberto Cordero. Biaxial behavior of absorbable and nonabsorbable synthetic surgical meshes
- 2012. Raquel Simón. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a biaxial test.
- 2011. Beatriz Lucea. Numerical fluid modeling of antitrombotic filter.
- 2011. David Monterde. Microcalcification influence in atheroma plaque vulnerability.
- 2010. Olga Marcos. Mechanical damage in arteries after clamping.
- 2009. Natalia Espés. Mechanical properties of biodegradable polymers for cardiovascular applications.
- 2006. Santiago Aranda. Computational modeling of beating fetal heart.
- 2005. Rebeca López. Why Lateral Meniscectomies are more catastrophic than Medial Meniscectomies?.
- 2004. Victor Alastrué. Biomechanical modeling of the human cornea.
- 2003. Natalia Monterde. Finite Element Study of the ACL Reconstruction Surgery.
- 2003. Pablo Villanueva. Impact Biomechanics in Lower Limb.
- 2002. David Tello. Finite Element Study of the Role of Ligaments in Human Knee Joint Stability.