Professor (Catedrática de Universidad)
Mechanical Engineering Dept. School of Engineering and Architecture
Bioengineering Division. Aragón Institute of Engineering Research (I3A)
CIBER de Bioingeniería, Biomateriales y Nanomedicina (CIBER-BBN)
Campus Rio Ebro – Edificio Agustin de Betancourt
University of Zaragoza
Maria de Luna, s/n
Tel:: +34 876 55 52 33
Fax: +34 976 76 25 78
e-mail: fany (at) unizar.es
- Ph. D. Mechanical Engineering (May – 2004) CPS Universidad de Zaragoza
- M. Sc. Mechanical Engineering (September – 2000) CPS Universidad de Zaragoza
- Head of the Mechanical, Naval and Aerospace Engineering Subarea. Division of Coordination, Evaluation and Scientific and Technical Monitoring of the Spanish Agency of Research, Spanish Ministry of Science, 2022-
- Member of the Mechanical, Naval and Aerospace Engineering Subarea. Division of Coordination, Evaluation and Scientific and Technical Monitoring of the Spanish Agency of Research, Spanish Ministry of Science, 2019-2021
- Deputy Director of Aragón Institute of Engineering Research, University of Zaragoza, 2015-2019
- Associate Director of the Biomedical Engineering Division (I3A), University of Zaragoza, 2015-2019
- Associate Professor, University of Zaragoza, 2008-2017
- Assistant Professor, University of Zaragoza, 2004-2008
- Lecturer Professor, University of Zaragoza, 2001-2004
- Research Assistant, Aragon Institute of Technology (ITA), 2001
- Research Assistant, Mechanical Engineering Dept, 2000
- Engineer, Tecnyconta (Civil and Structural Engineering Company), 1999
Awards and Honors
- 2002 Young Researcher Award of the Spanish Society of Biomedical Engineering.
- 2003 Orbimed Research Award of the Spanish Society of the Knee.
- 2005 Spanish ECCOMAS Association (SEMNI) Award for The Best Ph.D Thesis Of 2004 on Computational Methods In Applied Sciences and Engineering.
- 2011 Juan C. Simo prize. Spanish ECCOMAS Association of Numerical Methods in Engineering (SEMNI)
- 2015 Young Research Medal of Royal Society of Engineering.
- Computational Mechanics
- Numerical modeling of soft biological tissues (focused in vascular tissue)
- Multiscale modeling of inelastic effects of biological tissues (damage, viscoelasticity, growth and remodeling)
- Modeling vascular diseases and interaction with medical devices (atherosclerosis)
- Drug transmural transport phenomena on cardiovascular devices (DES and DCB)
- Experimental methods in biomechanics (focused in soft tissues)
- A list of my publications can be obtained here (with downloadable preprints)
- Researcher ID: F-4086-2011
Advised PhD students
- 2015. Juan A. Peña. Numerical Modelling of inealstic effects in soft tissues. Awarded PhD. October 2015 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2013. Pablo Sáez. On modelling growth and remodeling in soft tissue. Strated. Awarded PhD. July 2013 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2013. Belén Hernández. Mechanical modelling of the abdominal muscle and biomaterials for hernia surgery. Awarded PhD. March 2013 (with prof. B. Calvo )
- 2013. Myriam Cilla. On modelling biomechanics and mechanobiology of human carotid plaque. Awarded PhD. February 2013 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
- 2012. Alberto García. Experimental and Numerical Framework for Modelling Vascular Diseases and Medical Devices. Awarded PhD. February 2012 (with prof. M. A Martínez )
Advised M.Eng. students
- 2018. Patricia Hernández. Patient specific mechanobiology growth model of atherome plaque for carotid artery.
- 2018. Álvaro Tomás. Mechanical finite element analysis of of the influence of plaque and lipid core lengths on vulnerability of positive atheroma plaque morphologies .
- 2017. Manuel Bernal. Computational modeling of drug diffusion in GBM cancer cells
- 2016. Ana Victoria Corral. Experiments and constitutive model for aorta and pulmonar artery.
- 2015. Marcos Murillo. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a pure and simple shear tests.
- 2015. Alejandra Pérez. Evaluation failure properties during migration of a retrievable filter.
- 2015. Guillermo Herrero. Effect of necrotic core length on risk of plaque rupture during positive arterial remodeling.
- 2015. David Ruiz-Alejos. Experiments and constitutive model for deep and superficial fascia.
- 2015. Patricia Hernández. Modeling arterial wall transport for Drug-Eluting Stents.
- 2014. Quercus Hernández. Failure properties due to deep penetration of vena cava tissue.
- 2014. Mónica Torres. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a uniaxial test.
- 2013. Alberto Cordero. Biaxial behavior of absorbable and nonabsorbable synthetic surgical meshes
- 2012. Raquel Simón. Analysis of the geometry and boundary conditions in a biaxial test.
- 2011. Beatriz Lucea. Numerical fluid modeling of antitrombotic filter.
- 2011. David Monterde. Microcalcification influence in atheroma plaque vulnerability.
- 2010. Olga Marcos. Mechanical damage in arteries after clamping.
- 2009. Natalia Espés. Mechanical properties of biodegradable polymers for cardiovascular applications.
- 2006. Santiago Aranda. Computational modeling of beating fetal heart.
- 2005. Rebeca López. Why Lateral Meniscectomies are more catastrophic than Medial Meniscectomies?.
- 2004. Victor Alastrué. Biomechanical modeling of the human cornea.
- 2003. Natalia Monterde. Finite Element Study of the ACL Reconstruction Surgery.
- 2003. Pablo Villanueva. Impact Biomechanics in Lower Limb.
- 2002. David Tello. Finite Element Study of the Role of Ligaments in Human Knee Joint Stability.
- José M. Goicolea (UP Madrid) web page
- Juan Manuel Bellón (U. Alacalá) web page
- Jacques Ohayon (U. Grenoble) web page
- Renato Natal Jorge (U. Porto) web page
- Andreas Menzel (TU Dortmund) web page
- T. Christian Gasser (KTH) web page
- Ellen Khul (U. Stanford) web page
- Stèphane Avril (Ecole Mines Saint Etienne) web page