Campus Rio Ebro – Edificio Agustin de Betancourt
Maria de Luna, s/n
Tel:: +34 876 55 52 53
Fax: +34 976 76 25 78
e-mail: ecueto (at) unizar.es
- As of November 2016, I have been elected president of the Spanish Society of Numerical Methods in Engineering, SEMNI.
- Our new book on PGD programming with Matlab is already available [here]
- Guest editor of the Archives of Computational Methods in Engineering journal thematic issue on Machine Learnign and Computational mechanics
- Guest editor of the Advanced Modeling and Simulation in Engineering Sciences thematic issue on Computational mechanics and medicine
- A list of my publications can be obtained [here] (with downloadable preprints).
- ORCID number 0000-0003-1017-4381
- SCOPUS author ID 6603952301
- Google Scholar profile
- Abridged CV [link]
Awards and honors
- Juan C. Simo prize. Spanish Society of Numerical Methods in Engineering (SEMNI), Granada, 2005
- European Scientific Association of Material Forming ESAFORM Scientific Prize, Glasgow, 2006
- CETIM Foundation prize. Paris, 2007.
- O. C. Zienkiewicz award. European Community on Computational Methods in Applied Sciences (ECCOMAS), Vienna, 2012.
- Computational Mechanics
- Meshles methods
- Numerical simulation of forming processes
- Computational rheology
- Model order reduction. Proper Generalized Decomposition (PGD) methods. YouTube channel
- Computational surgery & real-time simulation
- Real-time simulation of forming processes by Proper Generalized Decomposition (PGD) methods.
- In Silico simulation-based engineering for real-time decision making
- Democratizing numerical simulation in engineering and applied sciences
- David Gonzalez. Mixed approximations for natural element methods. Awarded Ph. D. September 2004. (with prof. M. Doblare.) Now associate prof. at U. of Zaragoza.
- Iciar Alfaro. Numerical simulation of aluminium extrusion by natural element methods. Awarded Ph. D. November 2004. (with prof. M. Doblare). Now associate prof. at U. of Zaragoza.
- J. J. Laguardia. Octree-based natural element methods. Awarded Ph.D., March 2007. (with prof. M. Doblare). Now associate prof. at T. U. of Panama.
- Andres Galavis. Natural Element simulation of free surface flows. Awarded Ph.D., 2011 (with Dr. D. Gonzalez) [pdf]
- Siamak Niroomandi. Real time simulation of surgery by model reduction and X-FEM techniques. Awarded Ph.D., 2011. (with Dr. I. Alfaro) [pdf]
- Francoise Masson. Proper Generalized Decomposition-based Dynamic Data Driven Application Systems. Awarded Ph.D., 2013. (with Prof. F. Chinesta)
- Diego Canales. Proper Generalized Decomposition-based simulation of friction stir welding. Ongoing, 2013. (with Prof. F. Chinesta)